The club runs an extensive range of outdoor activities and you are welcome to join us on a “come and try basis” to experience bushwalking from a club point of view.
Club activities are graded and range from “easy” through to those suitable for “experienced bushwalkers” only. Most activities are conducted within easy reach of the Club’s membership area, but trips also go to other Victorian Regions, interstate, and occasionally overseas.
An exciting activities program is published with our monthly newsletter.
Visitors are welcome on club activities. A fee of $5 per trip is charged – this is refundable if you become a member. Where numbers of participants on trips are limited, club members are given priority.
Benefits of Club Membership
- A comprehensive and varied activities program.
- Monthly Club Newsletter
- Access to club bushwalking hire equipment, allowing a “come and try” approach to bushwalking without expensive initial costs.
- Advice on purchasing your own equipment.
- Discount at selected outdoors stores.
- Shared transport to activities – considers the environment and reduces costs.
- Access to books, maps and other bushwalking resources.
- Membership of Bushwalking Victoria with its associated benefits, including insurance.
- The opportunity to learn from experienced leaders and walkers.
- The sharing of specific local knowledge, and information about walks previously conducted by the club.
Club activities have a strong social emphasis, and the club prides itself in offering a wide range of activities to suit the diverse needs of the membership.
Download a Membership Form:
The Club has close links with the “Friends of Baw Baw National Park“, and frequently assists with their various environmental programs, including track clearing, weed eradication and flora/fauna surveys.